GMO Statement and Country of Origin (by default)
We hereby certify that Koda Farms rice products, Heirloom Kokuho Rose® Japanese Style Rice, Sho-Chiku-Bai® Sweet Rice, Blue Star® Mochiko Sweet Rice Flour, Diamond K® Rice Flour, and Kokuho Rose® Rice Flour are free of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO). Koda Farms rice products are farmed, milled, and packaged in California, USA.
We maintain our own seed nurseries, enabling us to verify the source and purity of our select seed. Our proprietary, heirloom Kokuho Rose® and Sho-Chiku-Bai® Sweet Rice strains were developed in our on-site breeding nurseries in the 1940s – 1950s through traditional breeding practices, without the use of genetic modification techniques.
*Footnote: California alone, is the sole state in the US to have banned the cultivation of GMO rice varieties.
Koda Farms is a certified organic facility, indicating that operating procedures and practices are above and beyond conventional standards as mandated by the USDA.
We hereby certify that Koda Farms rice products, heirloom Kokuho Rose® brand Japanese style rice, Sho-Chiku-Bai® brand Japanese Sweet Rice, Blue Star® Mochiko Sweet Rice Flour, Diamond K® Rice Flour, and Kokuho Rose® Rice Flour are free of the substances listed below and gluten-free. Our flour mill is dedicated exclusively to the production of rice flour – we do not toll-mill or co-pack for outside entities.
- Shellfish, Crustacean, Seafood, all ocean derivatives, byproducts
- Fish, fresh water or ocean, all derivatives, byproducts
- Dairy or dairy derivatives, byproducts
- Egg products or egg derivatives, byproducts
- Peanuts or derivatives, byproducts
- Soy, all soy based products or derivatives, byproducts
- Tree nuts, all nut products, all derivatives, byproducts
- Wheat or wheat derivatives, byproducts